“Putting outstanding PhD and MSc students at the forefront of international research”
Why quantum science and nanomaterials?
The continuing miniaturization and integration of information technologies requires a better understanding and control of the quantum nature of matter that becomes dominant at the (sub) nm scale. By exploiting quantum effects, such as coherence and entanglement, we can create new and innovative devices and materials that will shape the future of technology and positively impact society as a whole. QMat prepares the next generation of quantum scientists and engineers for this task, by putting outstanding MSc and PhD students at the forefront of international research combined with an engaging training programme bridging physics, material science, chemistry and engineering.
Application deadline May 25*, 2018.
*For local and European students only (anyone who does not require a visa to study in France)
Programme starts September 2018
As a QMat student you will:
- Shape the future in quantum science and nanotechnology
- Learn from world leading experts in fundamental and applied science: quantum physics, subatomic physics, nano-materials fabrication, experimental and computational nanoscience and device engineering and more…
- Profit from international and industrial internships as well as enhanced networking opportunities
Distinguishing features of QMat:
- Deep and broad individually tailored curriculum in quantum science and nanotechnology
- Strong interaction with world leading research groups and industrial partners in Strasbourg and abroad
- Enhanced involvement and networking of students through student-led initiatives
- Generous financial support for top students (“Q-Master” scholarships and doctoral fellowships)
- Access to the PhD programme for successful MSc students
- Global perspective: study in English and French and benefit from a rich cultural diversity