Developed by the Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs and launched during the French Presidency of the European Union (January 1–June 30, 2022), the “France Excellence Europa” scholarship program allows students from 26 European Union countries to obtain scholarships to study at the Master’s level in a French institution of higher education.
Conditions of eligibility
Eligible areas of study
- Culture & Heritage
- Education, Pedagogy
- French Language and Civilization, Foreign Languages and Civilizations and European Studies
- Law and political sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- Computer Science and Digital
Duration of the Grant
The scholarship is awarded for a period of:
- a maximum of 12 months when enrolling in M2
- a maximum of 24 months when enrolling in M1
Benefits of obtaining a “France Excellence Europa” scholarship
- Payment of a half-yearly allowance of €6,850
- Payment of an installation allowance of €1,700
- Exemption from registration fees for national diplomas in universities and public institutions under the supervision of the Ministry of Higher Education
- Priority assistance in finding accommodations in CROUS university residences (rent to be paid by the scholarship holder)
- Enrollment in an insurance plan during the first three months of your stay in France (pending enrollment in the general social security system) for non-European Health Insurance Card holders
- Enrollment in supplemental health insurance
- Exemption from the CVEC – Contribution de Vie Etudiante et de Campus 
- Special discounts on cultural activities organized by Campus France.
The “France Excellence Europa” scholarship does not cover course fees, nor the cost of international or national transportation.
Understanding quantum technologies is an event organized by La recherche – INSA Strasbourg in association with QMAT (The University Research School “Quantum Science and Nanomaterials”) and with the support of PASQAL, Région Grand Est and the Feynman Foundation whose objective is to bring together experts active in the field of quantum technology, especially in the Grand Est region.
Registration is free but obligatory: https://lnkd.in/enxup48r.
The first 50 registrants to the event will be the lucky winners of a printed copy of the book Understanding quantum technologies by Olivier Ezratty (volume 1).
The event will be opened by Pierre Grussenmeyer, Director of Research at INSA Strasbourg and by Neil Abroug, Coordinator of the Coordinator of the National Quantum Strategy.
Theme: How can the Grand Est Region become a new Quantum HUB?
ROUND TABLE 1: QUBIT PLATFORMS & QUANTUM COMPUTERS
– Shannon Whitlock – QMat
– Chayma Bouazza – Business developer at Pasqal – the first french startup on quantum simulation and quantum computing
– Jonathan J. Attia – Quantum standardization expert and the chair of the IEEE P3120™ Working Group for Standard for Quantum Computing Architecture
– Olivier Ezratty, author of the free eBook “Understanding quantum technologies”
ROUND TABLE 2: FROM INITIAL TRAINING TO QUANTUM INNOVATION
– Eddie Smigiel – INSA Strasbourg
– Guillaume Chereveau – INSA Strasbourg
– Michel Kurek – Feynman Foundation
– Denis CAVALLUCCI – INSA Strasbourg
Announcing the Machine Learning for Quantum X online popup conference, 5-9 July, 2021. Topics: ML for chemistry and materials, ML for quantum computers, ML and quantum for industry and quantum learning algorithms. Register now at http://mlqx.quantumexcellence.org
Organised in partnership between the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) and the University of Strasbourg with support from Eucor – The European Campus and Université franco-allemande Deutsch-Französische Hochschule UFA DFH
We are happy to publish QMat-Newsletter! Please kindly have a look by clicking at “NewsletterQmat”. We wish you a pleasant reading!
The Quantum Excellence Industry Event and Jobs Fair is a online event which aims to connect students and the future quantum experts with the growing global quantum industry. The program will include presentations by field leaders and leading quantum and enabling technologies companies, including quantum computing (software and hardware), quantum sensing, quantum cryptography and quantum startups. Other highlights include an interactive entrepreneurship session and a job fair with virtual booths for one-on-one discussions between students and industry professionals.
Quantum Excellence Industry Event and Jobs Fair
07-12 February 2021. Save the date!
Schedule: 2.5 hours/day, including talks and breakout sessions (20h30 – 23h00 EU / 14h30 – 17h00 CA (EST) / 06h30 – 09h00 AU) via Zoom.
For more information visit quantumexcellence.org and join the Quantum Excellence community on LinkedIn. Registration is free.
This event is organised by the Quantum Excellence Network, a partnership between the Universities of Strasbourg (France), Hamburg (Germany), Université de Sherbrooke (Canada) and Macquarie University (Australia), with support from the the French Quantum Science and Nanomaterials Graduate School in Strasbourg, the Institute Quantique of the Université de Sherbrooke, and the Sydney Quantum Academy.
QMat researchers have organised a (virtual) symposium on the topic of quantum simulations and molecular energy transport in collaboration with researchers at IISER Bhopal in India as part of a Franco-Indian collaboration (funded by the Indo-French Centre for the Promotion of Advanced Research, CEFIPRA).
Dates: 30.11.2020 – 01.12.2020 (two days)
Topics: quantum simulators for molecular dynamics, energy transfer, open quantum systems, sensing and spectroscopy. Please see the flyer for more information.
Register before 28.11.2020: https://forms.gle/HiQxdMVhW6tHaeDo8
15 PhD positions (36 months) in Molecular Quantum Simulations (moqs.eu) within the framework of the EU funded Marie Sklodowska-Curie Action Project (Innovative Training Network ITN) In this exciting project, chemistry, solid state- and quantum optical physics, materials sciences as well as classical and quantum computer science are brought together to develop new and powerful technologies, with applications ranging from chemistry to the the pharmaceutical industry. Both academic and industry projects are available. The positions are in high-level research institutions all over Europe (France, The Netherlands, Switzerland, Slovenia, Croatia, Italy, Germany).
• Access to world class research infrastructure
• Individually tailored training programme
• secondments at leading institutions and companies within the consortium
• Expertise spanning 8 academic and 5 industrial partners
• An individualized career development programme
• Attractive employment conditions including a competitive salary (details on the website moqs.eu)
• Candidates must not have resided or carried out their main activities (work, studies, etc.) in the country of their future host organisation for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the recruitment.
• Candidates cannot yet hold a PhD in any field and should have less than four years of research experience.
• The positions are open from Nov. 1st 2020 to Dec. 1st 2020. Expected starting dates from March 1st 2021 to Oct. 2021 or upon agreement.
Good luck in this adventure!
We would like to invite you to the < QMat Cafe | Academic & Industry > Online talk series ! This talk series addresses different fields that interest QMat community. For instance Particle, Mesoscopic and Atomic physics plus quantum information.
This week will be on Thursday 28th May 2020 at 15h00 (CEST). The speaker is :
Prof. Dr. Andreas Wallraff – Quantum Device Lab (QuDev) | ETH Zürich
Topic: “Building an error-corrected superconducting quantum processor.”
To attend the talk, please follow one of the following links:
ID: 810 0202 6231
Each week we will post the the links to attend these talks of different topics that you might be interested in!
We hope to see you all there! Stay tuned!
Second call for PhD positions at QMat partner laboratories at IBM Research Zurich, Basel University, Freiburg University, and Karlsruhe Institute of Technology. Application deadline: March 9th 2020, 17.00 (Brussels time)
See the Projects Page for more information.