Developed by the Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs and launched during the French Presidency of the European Union (January 1–June 30, 2022), the “France Excellence Europa” scholarship program allows students from 26 European Union countries to obtain scholarships to study at the Master’s level in a French institution of higher education.
Conditions of eligibility
- Being a national of one of the following 26 European Union member states: Germany, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Denmark, Spain, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Czech Republic, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden.
Students of French nationality, including bi-nationals, are not eligible for the program.
- Being between 18 and 26 years old at the time of the beginning of your stay in France ;
- Being admitted to a French higher education institution in Master’s 1 or Master’s 2 for the 2022-23 academic year ;
- Not being the holder of a French Higher education degree or not being currently registered in France for a Higher education degree ;
- Not be the recipient of an Erasmus +, AUF or other French ministry scholarship.
Eligible areas of study
- Culture & Heritage
- Education, Pedagogy
- French Language and Civilization, Foreign Languages and Civilizations and European Studies
- Law and political sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- Computer Science and Digital
Duration of the Grant
The scholarship is awarded for a period of:
- a maximum of 12 months when enrolling in M2
- a maximum of 24 months when enrolling in M1
Benefits of obtaining a “France Excellence Europa” scholarship
- Payment of a half-yearly allowance of €6,850
- Payment of an installation allowance of €1,700
- Exemption from registration fees for national diplomas in universities and public institutions under the supervision of the Ministry of Higher Education
- Priority assistance in finding accommodations in CROUS university residences (rent to be paid by the scholarship holder)
- Enrollment in an insurance plan during the first three months of your stay in France (pending enrollment in the general social security system) for non-European Health Insurance Card holders
- Enrollment in supplemental health insurance
- Exemption from the CVEC – Contribution de Vie Etudiante et de Campus 
- Special discounts on cultural activities organized by Campus France.
The “France Excellence Europa” scholarship does not cover course fees, nor the cost of international or national transportation.